Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Sometimes when trying to update a Registrant's email address you can receive an error: "This email address is already taken."
This can occur in two scenarios:
- When the email address is already being used by another Registrant in the current Campaign, or
- When the email address is already being used (taken) by a Registrant in a different Campaign in your Organization.
In the first scenario, the Registrant's email address can't be updated as there cannot be 2 registrants registered for the same Campaign using the same email address. In the second scenario, follow the steps below to update the Registrant's email address:
If the Registrant did not pay a registration fee or donate to the Campaign:
- Register a new Registrant to the Campaign using the desired email address. When you receive the error, "This email address already exists," please follow the steps stated here.
- Merge the original Registrant into the newly created Registrant following the steps on How to merge two registrants.
If the Registrant did pay a registration fee or donated to the Campaign:
- Please contact Rallybound Support to have the email address updated.