This article refers to Rallybound's recurring system, as distinct from those processed through WePay. For information on our WePay recurring system, please see here.
Viewing Recurring Plans
Recurring plans are displayed and accessed in the admin panel, under Transactions > Recurring Donations. There, administrators are provided a grid within which they can view and manage recurring plans within their campaign. Details displayed along with recurring plans include:
- Initial charge date
- Donation Details
- Donations Processed
- Donations Remaining (if applicable)
Creating a Recurring Plan from the Admin Panel
Administrators can create new recurring plans from the admin panel, under Transactions > Recurring Donations > New Recurring Plan (button). Recurring plan settings and donation details can be set here. Additionally, there are some features available specifically to administrators in this view:
- Set an initial charge date in the future. In this scenario, the first donation will occur on the date specified.
- Set any interval (day, week, month, quarter, year).
- Set a number of times the card will be charged in the course of this recurring plan.
Editing and Modifying Recurring Plans
There are two ways to change a recurring plan, depending on what information you want to change:
- Editing plan details (Edit Details) allows administrators to change donation details associated with the plan, but not the plan itself. The changed information will apply to all donations created from the recurring plan after the change is made. Editable donation details include:
- In Honor Of (donation message)
- Display preferences (anonymous, donor display name)
- Donations remaining
- Modifying a plan (Modify Plan) allows administrators to modify settings essential to the plan, like donation amount and interval (see full list below). To retain data consistency, making a change to these essential settings ends the current plan and creates a new one in its place. The new plan is linked to the plan it was created from for historical reporting purposes. Modifiable settings include:
- Donation amount
- Initial charge date — this allows administrators to change the recurring charge date
Pausing and Ending Recurring Plans
From the recurring plan record view, administrators can pause active plans, resume paused plans, end plans, and delete plans. The donor is notified when any of these actions occur. If deleting an active plan, it is first ended and then deleted.