Rallybound gives users the ability to register other users under their account. The managed user is a full-fledged user, and therefore can be a fundraiser, an attendee, a donor, or any combination of those. The way this works is that the email and password are shared by all the users in the account for login and email sending purposes. Once logged in, users can view and toggle between their managed users in the profile dropdown in the top right of the page.
Some use cases for managed users:
- A user can manage other attendees (as in the case of a parent who registers his children to attend an event with him). This can be done during the detailed or role registration processes, or through the RSVP task in the fundraiser task list. Additionally, administrators can add managed attendees in the admin panel.
- A user can also manage other fundraisers. This is useful for a mother who wants to make a personal fundraising page on behalf of her young son. The mother can share her son's page, and the money raised will be in the name of her son, but the account will be entirely managed by the mother (who has her own personal page as well). This can be done by the user during the role registration process, or by an administrator through the admin panel.
If, when a donor donates (or a donation is added for them through the admin panel), they use an email that's recognized as a user but their name is different than the name of any user associated with that account, a new managed user for this donor will automatically be created within that email account.
To add a managed user in the admin panel, follow these steps:
- Log in to your campaign admin panel (yoursite.com/admin)
- Click "People" in the left sidebar
- Click "Registrants"
- Click "Register" in the top left
- Enter the new user's contact information
- For Account Info, select "Managed Account", and choose the existing user who will manage the new account
- Select a user type for the new user (Attendee, Fundraiser, or both)
- Enter registration information if applicable
- Enter fundraiser information if applicable
- Enter team information
- Click "Register"
Managed Account during Registration
Managed Account through Admin Panel
Managed Account during RSVP Task