Form Builder allows administrators to create forms for their site or add custom fields to existing forms. Creating a form creates a corresponding page on your site.
The form builder is intuitive and fluid, and saves changes on the front end as they are made in the admin panel. It is accessed in the left sidebar of the campaign admin panel.
Using the Form Builder
The Forms List
- Donation form (default)
- Create Team form (default) — contact us to activate
- Contact form (default) — contact us to activate
- Custom Forms
Here is where you can create new custom forms, view and edit all your existing forms in a list. For each form you can view its name, header, submission notice and any other fields you add. To modify a form, simply click on it. You can click on "View Form" to view the form on your site.
Editing a Form
Once you click to open a form, it displays all the properties in editable fields (if applicable).
- API Name: this is a unique name the system uses to identify this form.
- The Header determines the content to be displayed above the form.
- The Form URL is the link at which the form is available.
- The Submission Notice (below the fields section) is what will be displayed to the user in place of the form once the form is submitted.
Below that, it lists all the fields associated with the form. You can reorder the form's fields by dragging and dropping them. You can add a new field by clicking the "Add Field" button at the bottom. There are six field types:
- Text box: the user enters a short string of text (for example, their name)
- Paragraph box: the user enters a longer body of text (for example, why they would like to join or attend)
- Checkbox: this is a single on/off option that the user selects (for example, if they require a vegan meal)
- Dropdown: the user selects a single option out of many (for example, a dinner menu)
- Multi-select (not available in all instances): the user selects one or multiple choices out of many (for example, time slots for which to volunteer)
- Date: The user selects a date
Once you are done editing a form, you can click "Done" at the top right (you can even simply open a different form), and your changes will be saved. You can also delete your custom forms by clicking on "Delete" at the top right. Once a form has been submitted by a user on the front-end, it may not be deleted.
Editing a Field
Editing a field is relatively straightforward: for text, paragraph, checkbox, and date, just enter the field name. Most field types can be made required by checking the "Required" checkbox next to "Field Options" (not available for checkbox fields).
For dropdown and multi-select, enter the field name, then add the available options from which users can make their selection. Options can be reordered using the drag handle on the left, and dropping them into the desired order. Options can also be hidden (click the eye icon ) or deleted (click the trash icon).
Once you are done editing a field, you can click "Done" at the top right of the field or form (you can even simply open a different field or form, or add a new field), and your changes will be saved.
You can activate/deactivate a field by clicking on "Activate/Deactivate" on the field box. You can delete a field by clicking on "Delete" in the field box. If a field or option has been used in a submission by a user on the front-end, they may not be deleted.
Please note: Once an option or field has been used, it cannot be edited or deleted. You would have to deactivate the option/field and create a new one.
Be sure to check your front-end form to verify that your form is as you want it to be. Click on the "View Form" link to see your form on the front-end.