Rallybound gives organizations the ability to allow donors to pay the credit card fees associated with each donation. If enabled, donors can select a checkbox allowing them to cover the specified amount. By default, this checkbox appears on donation pages. To toggle this setting, follow these steps:
- Log in to the admin panel
- Click Settings
- Click Campaign Settings
- Scroll down to "Donation Options"
- In "Include Processing Fees", toggle the "Give option to donor to pay for fees" checkbox
Note: Rallybound's fees will automatically be used in the calculation of fees.
- To add processor fees, enter the percentage and flat fees for each transaction (keep in mind that .01 = 1%) (WePay's standard fees are 0.027 percent, and 0.3 flat fee)
- Click "Save Changes" at the bottom
The donor covers fees feature is not available for registration or ticket pages.
The amount covered by the donor will equal to more than the percentage entered. The reason for this is so that the donor covers fees for the additional amount as well. For example, let's assume a donation amount of $100, and a total fee percentage of 7%. When the donor opts to cover fees, the total will not be $107.00, because the organization would then have to pay fees on the additional $7. Rather, the total amount comes to $107.53. (The way this calculation is achieved is by dividing the subtotal by the percentage that the donor does not cover. In our example: 100 ÷ .93.)